Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NOXEMA

Way back when, I used Noxema to clean my face. For some reason Kelsey loved the smell, texture and the blue jar. I would give her a little dab to use while she was observing me performing my evening ritual. She would copy my every move and enjoyed herself whole heartedly.

One afternoon my friend, Betsy and her little boy Dylan, stopped by to play. Betsy and I have known each other for years so it was natural for our kids to grow up and play together. Kelsey and Dylan would trot down to her room and play with all the toys and Betsy and I would enjoy a cup of coffee and chat. Our kids were great together and fighting and arguing was rare.

We were deep in conversation when we realized there was silence in the house. This is a bad sign when you have kids. We went to check on the two amigos and were stunned at what we found. They had apparently left Kelsey's room and had entered the master bath and all the toiletries. Dylan had been covered head to toe in Noxema. In his hair, in his ears, up his nose and all over his arms. Kelsey looked a little better because, hey, she had had lessons and knew how to correctly apply the cream.

The two Noxema kids just smiled and we had them in the bathtub in a flash. I was surprised they were not able to get any in each others eyes. That would have been bad and I was happy not to have to fight that battle. We soaked them for about half an hour in warm water. FYI - Noxema is not easy to get out of hair.

Ahhh, the house of Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment