Saturday, November 21, 2009

KELSEY'S FIRST WEDDING

Our girls talk about the weddings they hope to have some day. I know it's a total girl thing, but they do have many ideas, wishes, plans and styles already in their bright minds. All we have to do is come up with the cash.

Kelsey came up with her first idea when she was in middle school. This is what she shared with me.

"Mom, I want to get married in Las Vegas in the Venetian Hotel. I want to ride with my groom on a gondola and have people on the bridges throwing rose petals down on us. The gondolier will be singing to us in Italian and we will be staring into each other's eyes and holding hands. As we come to the last bridge I want the Pope to be standing on it and wearing that big hat he wears when he does Mass. He will do the ceremony and we will continue floating until we are tired."

I tried to explain to Kelsey that first and foremost you must be Catholic to have the Pope do such a ceremony and second I don't think he does weddings. She was disappointed. Her first wedding had been whisked away from her imagination.

We Roderick's think big.

No comments:

Post a Comment