Saturday, November 21, 2009

MATERNITY FASHION SHOW

When I was pregnant with Hope we were involved in a very active small group of eight families. The kids would go to our house for baby sitting and our small group met at another families home for our study time. My good friend, Mary Beth, was farther along than I, with her third son. I decided our group needed to throw her and Greg a baby shower. Not just any baby shower would do. It had to be great. It was.

We decided all the husbands would do the best fashion show Medford had ever seen. Each of them would model maternity clothes. Evening, athletic, casual, sleep, jeans, shorts, etc. You name it, the guys did it. They all used the same basket ball and they all sported lovely wigs. I am going to find the pictures and post them some day.

When Sean was born, Mary Beth decided to see what he would look like if he had been a girl. She had been saving an outfit just in case a female graced the Pearson home. She dressed him up in the pinkest girl outfit ever and took a picture. See what happens when the father dresses in drag. I'm going to find that picture, too, and post it.

The Roderick's should never be allowed to throw a baby shower.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you did that for Pam and I

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun wasn't it . . . so good to catch up with you guys . . . next time will be sooner and spend some days instead of hours . . .

    ReplyDelete