Monday, November 2, 2009

ESCAPE FROM A PARKING LOT

As many of you are aware, the Home Depot Center parking lot is horrible to get out of after a soccer game. Cars are everywhere and you simply must wait patiently.

We Roderick's have been known to be impatient occasionally and we were itching for something to do during our wait. This particular soccer game was great and we were riding high. Mr. Beckham had scored a goal from half field and the Galaxy had beaten the Wizards without regret.

Addison and her friend Kristin, had taken Adds car to the game so they could leave quickly (haha) and we were in the family Highlander. We were following them out of the parking lot fiasco and were momentarily in gridlock. We could see Addi and Kristin swaying to the music, laughing and talking.

Now was my chance and I told the family to watch my plan unfold. I carefully got out of the car, ducking so as not to be detected and crepted up behind Adds on the passenger side. I jumped up, smacked the passenger side window and screamed at the girls.

The look on their faces was priceless. With utter terror in their eyes, Kristin leaped into Adds lap and they both were shrieking hyserically. It finally registered that it was me and they both started laughing without sound.

My family, still in the car, saw the whole thing from behind and they were laughing as well, as I got back in our car.

Just another soccer game with the Roderick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment