Wednesday, May 19, 2010

KEAN WITH THE GALS

We fully intended to walk today. It was Wednesday and we walk. That's what we do, three times a week, religiously. Really, we meet at the church at 9:00am and walk approximately 3 miles. Today, that routine did not happen.

I admit it. I am a back slider. I lead my sisters down a path of sin and degradation. They followed willingly like lambs to slaughter. We ditched walking. I, satan in disguise, volunteered to drive and jumped behind the wheel of the family Highlander all gassed up and ready to roll.

We ran amok in Newport Beach, a really nice place to run amok. I proceeded to take these innocent women with me to try out the most unusual and delicious coffee. That's right, I said coffee or rather typed coffee. Any way, I introduced these fine ladies to one of my evil vices, the pure enjoyment of caffeine in it's finest form. They dipped their individual tongues into the black gold and closed their eyes to enjoy the warm beverage as it slithered down their open throats.

Many of you know that I am a tried and true Starbucks advocate. However, every now and then, I abandon my favorite house of aroma and embark on a different path. This would be a rather benign adventure had Kean Coffee not been next to another intoxicating establishment. Susie Cakes Bakery.

This place rivals Sprinkles and the devil was beckoning us to "come on in." It was astonishing how fast a moist cake will derail a whole week of healthy eating. We rather had a good time "sinning" today.

Lord forgive us for we KNOW what we do . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment