Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WORLD CUP & MANI/PEDIS

I never would have put the two together. I never talk sports while getting a manicure and/or pedicure. I never would have broached the subject.

But all those "nevers" come to a screeching halt every four years. That's right, it is once again time for World Cup Soccer. I go to a little nail shop where all the manicurists are Vietnamese and they are all crazy about soccer. But only every four years. They could care less about my Galaxy guys. They don't even know their names.

I believe it draws the world together to cheer their country on to victory. It is similar to the Olympics. National pride, team spirit and those oh so easy on the eyes futbol players.

I have several favorites. Landon Donovan, Jonathan Bornstein, Tim Howard and Stewart Holden, are in my opinion, the best on the USA squad. They are a mixture of youth and experience. They have played in the English Premier League as well as MLS.

Our conversation at the shop was more predicting than anything else. We all agreed that Argentina is the team to watch. So turn on your TV on June 11th and watch some international futbol.

I bet the TV will be on at your nail salon tuned in to the World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment