Friday, May 7, 2010

SPANKING ON I-80

I know. It probably has happened to all of us at one time or another. We get so frustrated with our kids that we make decisions that are inappropriate and unnecessary. I have done it so many times that I do not care to even try to count them.

We are driving home from a fabulous road trip to Utah. My bff Angie, her two girls, me and my three girls. A girlie get away as the saying goes. We were on the 80 out in the middle of Nevada. I mean there is a big bunch of nothing out there between Salt Lake City and Winnemucca. Angie and I were tired and the kids were so done with their car seats. They kept fighting and being grumpy and just plain belligerent. So we warned them three times that we would pull over and deliver discipline, but they kept pushing our buttons. We had to make good on our promise.

We pulled over and lined the three older ones up and spanked them a couple times right along the freeway. The younger ones stayed in their car seats being they were still babies. We threw them a bottle and they settled right in.

Now I am generally not a spanker, but desperate times called for desperate measures. It had the desired effect. All I can say is that there was no more bickering and fussing the rest of the way home.

The wooden spoon was there for me when no one else was.

No comments:

Post a Comment