Monday, May 31, 2010

WEEKENDERS

I understand that we live in a vacationland. I understand we must look to summer tourism to sustain the Huntington Beach community. I understand that with great responsibility comes great sacrifice. I got it.

What I don't understand is how people who come here on vacation somehow forget the rules of engagement. You know what I mean . . . courtesy, politeness, manners, etc. It seems that most of these "out-of-towners" leave those back on the old homestead. Or they were simply never taught.

Case in point. You do not stop in front of The Cheesecake Factory and load your car with people for 10 minutes while someone behind you in their car patiently waits. Second case in point. You do not make a mess and proceed to leave it where you stand. Third case in point. Always pick up your dogs poop. Fourth case in point. We who live at the beach tend to dress a little more conservatively, so please don't wear your pants low and your shirts high. We know in a heartbeat where you and from and it isn't Huntington Beach.

Are you seeing a pattern here? i am and i did.

How long is it until school starts again?

No comments:

Post a Comment