Friday, December 11, 2009

CHERYLYNN'S BOOTS

Today was a day like no other. I have lured my good friend Cherylynn to the dark side. We did some real damage shopping for Christmas and for ourselves. You must understand, Mrs. Hurdle is the mother of three strapping young boys. She is not acquainted with the art that is shopping.

Our morning started when we picked up Shae's senior pictures and looked at Nathan's. Cherylynn is still trying to decide what to get in the photo department with NEH. He took a lot of great shots and it's so hard to pick the best. But, alas, no time today. We had to begin the spending frenzy.

We hit South Coast Plaza. Nordstroms was our first hit, where we both purchased boots. I, one pair, Cherylynn, two pairs. We continued down through the mall to VS where I did some shopping for my girls. Cherylynn's eyes glazed over as she perused all the pink and pretty "things". Again, boys.

Off to several other stores, where Cherylynn purchased some much anticipated cheer. We enjoyed lunch at a small bistro and chatted it up some more. Buy, buy, buy. Shop, shop, shop. Spend, spend, spend. Did I mention I love Christmas? We ended up at Barnes & Noble in time to enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

It was a great day . . . started at 9:30am and we got home at about 4:00pm. What made it even better? Scott was dealing with carpet cleaners and Don was dealing with Isaac and school. Welcome to our world fellows.

I love the season and cooperative husbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment