Saturday, December 5, 2009

COMPUTERS & PEE

We get very bored, occasionally, on our long road trips. Everyone begins to get punchy. Some of us begin doing stuff that we normally would never do. Computers run out of battery power. People need to pee. Girls need to unfold and walk. This is the fine line we tread.

In the movie "ELF" Will Farrell makes up this little song for his his biological father. It goes something like "yada, yada, yada, and I found you and I love you, I love you, I love you."

Picture Addison in "The Hole" singing "I am so sad, my computer is bad, batteries not to be had, I don't feel rad, come on Dad, I am so mad". It was something close to that rendition. Now Picture Shae singing in the middle seat "I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, woo is me, I am Shaebee, please stop for pee," etc. etc. etc. Neither of them can carry a tune in a bucket. They take after their father . . . and their mother.

At least, that's how I remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment