Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DINNER TOGETHER

Scott and I rarely go out to dinner alone. There is always a someone else with us, which is great most of the time. But sometimes I just want to go out with him and no one else. Those times almost always occur at home. Not tonight.

I had scallops thawing on the counter and baked potatoes ready to go in the oven when Scott walked through the front door. Hope and Shae were both going to the Drive-Thru and Addison was baby sitting. Scott said "Put the scallops in the fridge. I'm taking you to dinner." No argument from me and we were out the door.

We went to a little Italian place near our home. Capone's was virtually empty and those who were there seemed a wee bit older that Scott and I. I noticed this fact right away and mentioned it to Scott. We glanced at the clock and it was 5:20pm and we started snickering. Of course, we were eating much earlier than is normal for us so that must explain the more mature crowd. As it got closer to 6:00pm the family type people started arriving and we felt much better. We finished at about 6:30pm, came home, showered and watched a recorded CSI when I glanced at the clock. It was 8:20pm. I hate regular time. It gets dark so early.

Scott said "Cindy, when you eat at 5:00pm, you generally are in bed by this time."

This is what I have to look forward to . . . bring on the early bird special.

2 comments:

  1. My parents said they would pick up the kids on Tue so Brandon and I could do dinner and a movie...the movie was playing at 530 or 8. One seemed too early and the other too late so we just did dinner. From 530-630...we got home about 5 min after my parents got the kids home...lol. Exciting date night here too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you people have your own blog. Not surprising though. I heard you guys were coming out to visit us country folk! My email is dpoesch@gmail.com. Somebody send me an e-mail so we can get lunch when you are in town.

    Regards,

    Dylan Nelson

    ReplyDelete