Wednesday, December 2, 2009

THE HOLE

Teddy, Addi's Jeep Commander, was oiled, gassed up, tire pressure checked and good to go . . . we packed him up and headed north. There was room for one person in the back seat, three in the middle seat and two in the front. We called the one seat in the back "the hole" because luggage engulfed the person riding there. I have to admit it was a coveted spot, even roomy.

We had just made one of our many fueling stops and I volunteered to sit in "the hole". I climbed in and got cozy. The girls are always the last ones to get back in and buckle up, so I had time to formulate my plan. I was not surprised when Ads came over to sit in front of me. She grabbed the lever on her seat and pushed it back. I yelped in sordid pain, as if she had pinned my toes under the seat. All three girls jumped into action trying to get the seat off of me. Of course, I was faking it, and I started laughing at them. They were not amused. "Mom, I thought you were really hurt" said Ads as she started laughing with me.

No wonder our girls have trust issues. But we do laugh a lot . . . a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment