Tuesday, December 8, 2009

THE CLIMB

I usually miss my walks while on vacation. I just don't have time to do it all. This time, however, I had a great idea.

Seattle offers many items that we can not get here in Huntington Beach. For example, wool yarn, and I have a favorite shop in the Queen Anne district of the city.

The girls were all watching TV, using computers, showering and sleeping. It was our chance to have some alone time so off we went. Our walk began with a destination, my favorite fiber shop. It was about a mile away. The challenge was the "hill". Probably 1/2 mile up and very steep in comparison to HB standards.

I pride myself in being able to do a pretty fast walk, but this hill was kicking my behind. I had to stop and catch my breath every block. No kidding. I was knocked down a couple of pegs in the pride-o-meter.

After the climb everything else was cake including the gorgeous yarn I found. Colors, fibers, new patterns, needles, smiling faces, warm and cozy, bells on the door. It was very Louisa May Alcott, you know, "Little Women". I love that yarn cottage.

The walk back to out hotel was chilly and utterly amazing. Seattle city lights at night are breath taking and there are people out and about taking in the evening spendor.

I have a new appreciation for walking, knitting and holding the hand of the one I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment