Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BATTERY

Last night, Shae went out to her car, only to find that it would not turn over. She was a little angry, but we calmed her down and called AAA. They came over within 30 minutes and the crisis was averted. Shae went on to complete her evening plans without a hitch.

Today was a late start day, so the girls sauntered out the door at about 8:00am only to come back in with smoke emitting from their ears. The car would not start. Scott was immediately contacted and raced home to chauffeur our two chickadees to school.

The family was home for lunch and a new strategy was compiled. I would call AAA again to get yet another jump. I would then proceed to take Shae's car directly to the dealership for a new battery. Shae would use the Highlander to do drop offs and pick ups of Hope and Scott. Averted crisis, part deux.

I arrived at the dealership without interruption and left the car running with the door open, avoiding another dead battery incident. Mike, my assigned service guy, said that was great and I could wait in the hospitality room. While waiting, I gave Scott a quick call to say everything was good. I also asked if I should have them look at the quirky little thing Shae's car does. It locks it's own car doors and turns on it's hazard lights randomly, with no provocation. He gave me a very stern negatory and we left it at that.

I was knitting when Mike came to chat with me. He said "The guys shut the car door. Do you have an extra key with you?" I did not. The extra key was at home. "No problem," he said, " they'll make another." I would only be able to use that key in the door, not the ignition. That would set off a different bunch of grief.

About an hour later, out came Mike. He asked "Does your car just automatically lock the car doors?" I replied "Frequently. It has been dubbed Megatron." He rolled his eyes and said "We had to make another key. You now have two extra keys that will only work on the car doors." I felt like the woman who knows nothing about cars and was treated as such. I was fuming. I had asked Scott about that and now I was the dumb blonde with brown hair.

Sometimes I just want to . . . well, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment