Tuesday, December 1, 2009

DINNER IN FORKS

We arrived in Forks, WA at about 7:00pm and the sky had sprung a leak and it was pouring. We did a couple of rounds in a couple of "Twilight" stores and then ducked into a little diner called "The Forks Coffee Cafe." It was just what you would expect in the town of Forks.

I ran to use the bathroom and while I was gone, my loving family threw me under a huge bus. They told the server that I was the reason we were visiting the small town and I guess he found that quite amusing. When I returned to the table he boldly said "You girls didn't tell me your mom looked like Bella." Yea, right.

We had a great meal and the best coconut cream pie anywhere. Scott paid the bill and herded the girls out the front door. I found our server, smiled and asked "Could I buy a dozen forks from you?" He looked at me, grinned and said "That is the first time anyone has asked me that. Sure. How about $5.00 for the dozen?" I immediately accepted and walked out with my treasure.

Our girls crawled into the car in disbelief.

Hey, you only live once and I may never get back to Forks, WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment