Wednesday, December 9, 2009

COFFEE

Today in HB was gorgeous, albeit chilly, but gorgeous. It was also a scheduled walking day. Holly, Kim, Sue and I took off at our designated time and Kim was peeling off her sweat shirt a few steps down the road. She must run hot because when I got out of the car it was 57 degrees and I was freezing. I know that really isn't cold, but for those of us in sunny SoCal it is cool.

I have jacked up my left heel and knee, thus slowing my pace somewhat. I took a pit stop at Starbucks while my girls kept on walking out to the pier.

I love coffee. Not just coffee, Starbucks coffee. Even when Scott makes a pot of espresso at home it must be Starbucks. That's right, I am a coffee snob and proud of that fact. Special stops at Starbucks for coffee is in the family budget right up there with manicures and pedicures.

Scott is our family barista and he makes the best lattes at home and serves them up steaming. Chivalry is not dead in the Roderick domain. We have a Mr. Coffee espresso maker and it is awesome. Great Christmas gift for someone you love. Give a pound of Starbucks coffee as a compliment and you will have friends for life.

You have got to try the caramel brulee latte. You have not lived until that warm, frothy, sweet confection is running down the back of your throat soothingly. It's like a massage in a cup. Aromatherapy should be so good. I told my friends that they have got to try it. Holly got a frappacino and she said it was just as remarkable.

Coffee and friends. Not much in life is better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment