Friday, December 11, 2009

MIND MEANDERINGS

It is so fascinating to ponder the Roderick verbiage in day to day life. Not only do we say the most outrageous words, but we say them at the most inappropriate moments.

"Your dog's butt smells" said Hope while riding in the car in Forks, WA. (Why were you smelling her behind?)

"I don't want to wait in this line" said Addison while we were stuck in traffic. (Did we have a choice?)

"Any seniors?" as asked by the ferry guard and directed toward me. (Seriously?)

"I haven't pooped yet" said Shae clear out of right field. (Maybe a little over sharing.)

"Oh, Shae, did you poop" as asked by one of the sisters. (Sisterly concern perhaps?)

"I'll sleep between beds" said Hope because she was tired of fighting for blankets. (Always the youngest.)

Now that I have put these phrases in print, they aren't as funny as they were at the time they occurred. Must be a Roderick thing. Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment