Saturday, January 9, 2010

AIRPORT KNITTING

Seriously, I don't enjoy airports, flying or anything to do with air transportation. God made me to keep my feet on the ground. But in the world we live in, air travel is inevitable, so I must suck it up and deal.

One of my chosen ways to keep calm while rummaging through the airport clutter is knitting. It's portable, small and slides through TSA with nary a question. I use circular needles that apparently are not viewed as weapon material. Good for me because once at the gate or on the plane my little fingers need something creative to do.

While walking through Heathrow Airport several years ago, a ball of yarn got away from me without my knowledge. A nice young Brit tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a small ball of yarn that I had dropped. It had left a trail of wool throughout the baggage claim area informing everyone where I had been and what I had done. I told my girls that from now on I needed them to keep an eye on my yarn so I could avoid another "incident".

While at the Nashville Airport last week I asked my friend Kelly to keep an eye on my yarn for me. I shared the Heathrow story and she graciously said she would help me out.

Shortly after our chat a nice Nashvillian tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a ball of yarn with a trail attached to it.

Thanks, Kelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment