Thursday, January 14, 2010

MOM'S RECIPE

My mom is the best cook ever and I try to emulate her with little success. She makes awesome divinity and divine chicken noodles. Her mashed potatoes have no competition and she makes unequaled cinnamon apple sauce. This is one of her recipes that I have done my very best to copy but there is just something missing. Ah well, my girls and my man love it!

POTATO SOUP

Peel 2 large potatoes. Or leave skins on for more nutritional value but scrub well. Cut into bite size pieces and place in sauce pan. Cover with potatoes water and boil until tender. Drain, reserving one cup of the potato water. Cover potatoes, including water, with milk and heat, just under boiling. Add a tablespoon or two of salted butter. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add any or all of the following: onions, carrots, celery, broccoli, corn, peas, etc., all to taste.

Ladle into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese, bacon bits and soda crackers.

I used to love this when I was sick and still do enjoy it when it is a chilly evening or perhaps windy and rainy.

From the Roderick house to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment