Thursday, January 14, 2010

SHOPPING CARTS

I have a plan. I have a strategy. I am tactically ready to tackle the grocery shopping. The only challenge to attaining the goal is . . . people. Ignorant people.

Normally I run the periphery of the store knowing that doing so I can purchase the most healthful products. I start at dairy and move on to fresh fruits and vegetables. No distractions. My eyes are on the prize. To get in and out in the least amount of time possible.

Last week was a simple break down in communications. Albertson's allowed people in the store who were not aware of my routine. For example, the lady who stood in the middle of the aisle while her little boy sat in the cart picking his nose and enjoying the culinary delight he discovered. Or the two women who stood side by side chatting and blocking the aisle so that no one could get by to complete the assigned task. Or the guy who stood in the middle of the aisle trying to decide what liquor to purchase. Or the rather large family who decides they need to purchase a side of beef in the deli section. FYI - Costco for the side of beef. Not to mention the mother whose child was throwing a huge tantrum and she kept trying to bribe said child with something sweet. I have one word for the lady - CAR. How about the gal whose kid followed behind her, crawling on the floor finding crumbs to munch on? I am not kidding. All true.

Did no one brief these people on grocery shopping rules and standards? Always keep moving. If you must stop and browse, please move to the far right. Rules of the road apply to grocery shopping as well. I am not a patient shopper and it would be wise to keep walking if you see me shopping . . . grocery shopping.

Another look into the complicated mind of a Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment