Monday, January 11, 2010

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

Today has been a great birthday!

I started out with a fabulous, sun filled walk and watched surfer's ride 6 foot waves and shoot curls from the HB pier. I watched dolphins frolic in the distant glistening ocean. Holly and Kim bought me a cup of joe and a doughnut at, that's right, Starbucks. My family took me to Karl Strauss' for lunch (you gotta try the beer batter fish and chips, amazing), where Kelsey was missed and in all our thoughts. Scott then whisked me to Nordstrom's where I picked up the coveted Sketchers Shape Ups walking shoes.

Tonight I am looking forward to our small group complete with birthday cake from The Great Dane Bakery for dessert. It will round out an almost perfect 52nd birthday. I am also looking forward to a celebration lunch tomorrow with good friends, much laughter and several juicy tales. All the phone calls, facebook messages and snail mail greetings have been tucked away in my heart and are forever cherished.

Who says half dead isn't real fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment