Saturday, January 23, 2010

ANTS

We have an ant infestation due to all the water that has built up in puddles throughout our yard. They are entering through the girls bathroom and down through the wall and into the coat closet. Scott is planning to set things right today with ant traps but with Addison and Shae out of town I thought I would have a little fun.

Both girls knew that the ants were coming into the house so they were very anxious to get out of town. They also were certain that the problem would be remedied before they're return.

I texted them both this morning with the horrible news. "Ant invasion . . . in clothes, in beds, in food, in carpet . . . do not come home." You can imagine the response. Addison called immediately trying to understand how we could let this happen. Shae texted back "Ew . . . save my clothes." I waited a bit before letting them in on the hoax. Their responses were so funny I could barely talk.

Children are my favorite entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment