Monday, January 25, 2010

PAN HANDLED

Bruce's sermon certainly touched Scott last weekend. My husband is one who likes to hang onto his money tight . . . real tight. It is hard for him to spend. He and I are very different in the financial world. I spend, he saves. End of story.

Sunday afternoon, we were walking into Bella Terra for dinner and a movie when we were approached by a couple probably in their sixties. The woman was sporting a cane and the gentleman was heavily inhaling a cigarette. I knew the moment I saw the two of them that they were going to approach us with a request of some sort. I hurried by and Scott hesitated and spoke with them. They shared with Scott that they need some cash to take a taxi to their daughter's house and could he spare any. Scott immediately dug out his wallet and gave them what they needed and told them we were Christians and this is what Jesus would do. This was truly an uncharacteristic Scott, one who had taken that special sermon to heart.

What Scott neglected to add to the equation was our dinner. He now had no cash, nor did I. We were so glad we were dining with the Hurdles. They generously picked up the tab and we went on to enjoy a relaxing evening of food and cinema.

Hmmm. We hope that couple made it to their daughters house, but that is one of those things that God will only know.

No comments:

Post a Comment