Friday, January 15, 2010

SHAMROCK SHAE

It was St. Patrick's Day. A day for fun and green. Or so I thought.

Shae got ready for school, making sure she had on the correct amount of green. She did not want to be pinched and she did want to show the proper celebration spirit. I suggested she put two tiny shamrock washable tatoos at the corners of her eyes. She eagerly accepted and we applied the tatoos. She looked adorable as I dropped her off for her fun filled day at school.

I picked her up and was excited to hear about her day. She got in the car and I was horrified to see a rug burn like wound on each side of her eye. The tatoos were gone.

"Shae what happened to your tatoos?" I asked. Shae looked down and replied "I scratched them off. The kids said tatoos are not allowed in school." I tried to comfort her and explain I thought they meant real tatoos, not the harmless ones she had been wearing.

She had scabs on the sides of her head for about two weeks, looking strangely like Frankenstein.

Another parenting moment brought to you by the Roderick family.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey said tattoos weren't allowed at school. Don't blame the other children. It was your own daughter who tormented me.

    ReplyDelete