Friday, January 22, 2010

DRIP

Last night I woke up to the wild and wonderful rain storm that had been predicted over and over. Wind, lightening, thunder, debris. I slipped out of bed and went down stairs to double check that everything was tight and cozy on the inside. Our new windows were doing their job. However the french doors needed a little wiping up and a few towels, nothing major, just a spot here and there. After I had taken care of the doors I grabbed a drink of water and headed back up the stairs.

I took a couple steps and stopped thinking I heard drips inside the wall. I listened carefully, but didn't hear it again and continued my hike up the stairs. Again, I thought I heard leaking, drips or something in the wall. I tried to concentrate and I strained once more to confirm what I knew I had heard. Nothing. I started up the stairs once more and the audio kicked in again. I know there was dripping. I knew I heard something. Some where.

I then realized that it was my knee creaking as I climbed the stairs.

Yeah. This Roderick is getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment