Saturday, January 23, 2010

BORNSTEIN

I love Jonathan Bornstein, who happens to play soccer for Chivas USA. The only way I could possibly like this kid more was if he played for the Galaxy. Seriously. He is an unbelievable defender and he led the USA to victory over Costa Rica in World Cup qualifying by scoring a perfect goal in the last minutes of the game.

So you will understand my excitement when I discovered his cleats worn in that game, scoring that goal, signed by him, were up for auction on ebay. An added tidbit was that all proceeds from the sale would benefit Haiti.

Keep in mind that Scott and I are generally not frivolous with our finances unless it is for a cause that we whole heartedly believe in. For instance, my purchase of a surf board at the church's Next Wave Campaign kick off. A large hit in our bank account to see our new buildings constructed but we were excited to take it in the chin.

I was on ebay deciding what to do. Scott was by my side. "Can I bid?' Scott just shook his head and replied "You will have to figure out where the money will come from." I thought I could do that . . . a few less Starbucks. Yeah, I can do it.

I punched in my bid, $800.00, and hit "commit" and closed my eyes. That was as high as I would go.

I heard a subtle sigh escape Scott's lips. I love the guy. He gives me so much freedom at a high cost to his "2010 spending plan" and his stress level.

I didn't get Johnny's cleats.

No comments:

Post a Comment