Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FRIENDSHIPS RENEWED

I love going to Utah for Christmas to celebrate with family and friends. This year was no different. We visited with friends we hadn't seen in years, had a grand time teasing nieces and nephews and ate the comfort food I love the way only my mom can make it.

I was reacquainted with several friends that I baby sat when they were young. They now have kids who are baby sitting. We went to Christmas Eve Services at my home church, where Scott and I met and fell in love. We got to go to my dad's Sunday School class with Addison and Kelsey. We got to enjoy a snow storm. I got to shop at one of my favorite yarn shops and enjoy cupcakes and tea at a sweet little cottage.

But I think my favorite part is simply enjoying time with everyone. Laughing so hard our tummies ache. Remembering when our kids were little. Learning what people are doing now. Loving life where we are at any moment.

Time costs so little. We Roderick's need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment