Friday, January 22, 2010

TRAFFIC

During our Thanksgiving trip up to Seattle we took a little detour in Portland. Scott got off the freeway inadvertently and we ended up in down town Portland at rush hour. Not pretty. I finally talked him into pulling to the curb so that I could ask someone for directions. I spied a lady walking our way and Scott pulled over and I rolled down my window. I politely asked "Could you please tell me how to get back on the 5 freeway?" She gave me a horrified look and ran away. The kids are laughing hysterically in the back seat.

We tried again. This time we pulled up to a gentleman. "Excuse me, could you direct me to the 5 freeway?" Totally ignored me and he scampered up the sidewalk. The girls are laughing so hard there is no sound being detected.

Once again, this time a young girl. "I'm so lost. Could you give me directions to the freeway?" She at last gave me some hope. She smiled and said "I just moved here about a week ago, but I think it is that way." Sigh.

We took off in the direction she pointed and finally found it ourselves.

Portland doesn't care for Roderick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment