Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WHAT I DISCOVERED IN NASHVILLE

I discovered I really enjoy attending conferences in enormous hotels.
I discovered I love room service at any cost.
I discovered I love teaching break out groups about children's ministry issues.
I discovered that cowboy boots are the most comfortable foot attire I own.
I discovered I will always dislike weather with temperatures below 50 degrees.
I discovered I really don't enjoy country museums, knick knacks, beer bottle cap earrings and Elvis anything.
I discovered I love Starbucks anywhere.
I discovered I can knit wherever I choose.
I discovered I can live without a Cracker Barrel restaurant.
I discovered that some people do survive, and even thrive, without their two front teeth.
I discovered I pick up cultural accents and vernacular quickly.
I discovered that airports can be amusing even with all the TSA stuff.
I discovered, much to my amazement, that I enjoy being away from home and family for a few days.
I discovered that flying is much easier with a little help from a little pill.
I discovered ice grows out of rocks.
I discovered some fountains freeze solid.
I discovered I am an "always prepared" kind of gal.
I discovered I love my ministry team mates: Kurt, Kelly, Kelsey and Laurel.
I discovered serving Jesus in children's ministry at FCCHB is the best job ever.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of those things about your self discovery--the most amazing of them all: knitting on autopilot while flying with your boss snoring in your ear as I poured ginger ale poured into your shoes. You never dropped a stitch. Who knew you were so multitalented?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OCMom is Laurel by the way...I just realized I used my old email address. oh well!

    ReplyDelete