Sunday, December 6, 2009

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING 2009

Normally on Sunday afternoon I take a nap. Normally on Sunday afternoon I catch up on some laundry. Normally on Sunday afternoon I watch soccer with Scott. Normally on Sunday afternoon I knit. This was not a normal Sunday afternoon.

Shae and Addison used their silver tongues and hijacked me at one of my weak moments. Off we went to South Coast Plaza. Honestly, the mall was not crowded. We found a parking spot easily and were in Nordstrom's in half a minute. Headed straight for men's. Adds knew one of the sales associates, and he hooked us up with perfect Christmas gifts for Scott. Nice.

Then it was off to Steve Madden for boots for the two I was with, followed by a quick stop at VS. Somewhere along the way we were informed that if you spent a certain amount at the mall today, you could present your receipts and receive a beautiful gift from one of our favorite stores . . . Tiffany's.

We lined up and one of the associates checked our receipts, gave Shae and Adds the once over, and said we should have no problem redeeming our aqua bag. We continued to wait as others were turned away by the said associate. We stood for about 1/2 hour and then we were there. So close we could have grabbed the bag and ran. I presented my receipts with my ID and waited to get my hands on the coveted gift. Then the words every shopper fears "you don't qualify". NOOOOOOOOOO!

How do you not spend enough at the designated stores when shopping at South Coast Plaza?

Ask a Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment