Thursday, October 1, 2009

ACTION HEROS

Our cherished friends from Oregon came down for a visit to the beach.  I think they probably arrived to visit the Roderick's as well, but I can't be sure.  After spending a great day of SoCal sightseeing, we all were exhausted.

Scott and Mike had their bottoms cemented to the couch watching a football game on TV and Keaton, Mike's 2 year old son, was on the floor playing with his action heros sprawled out everywhere.

I was in the kitchen, whipping, stirring, mixing, chopping and everything else you do to prepare a meal.  I really was paying no attention as to what was occurring in the living room when a small voice wafted into the kitchen.  I thought I was mishearing the phrase but then I caught it again and was mortified.

I walked straight into the living room and confronted Mike.  "Really, do you think it's appropriate for a 2 year old to repeat that kind of language?"  He looked at me, puzzled, and replied "Fight you, fight you?  He is playing with super heros."  I smiled weakly and returned to fixing dinner.

I bet a psychiatrist would love to set up camp in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment