Wednesday, October 7, 2009

GIRLFRIENDS

Today I returned to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). Several of those of us who were active in MOPS "back in the day" were on a panel discussing how we have remained friends over the years. The following is what I love about each of my MOPS girlfriends.

Ann Marie -
She is a soft spoken, kind, sincere woman who will fight fiercely for what she believes is right and true. She will think things through to their end and make a wise choice from that point of view. She is organized and is an incredible administrator. She will take care of you when you don't think you need taking care of. She is a friend who can council you from her own life experiences. I could trust her with any secrets and know they would not be divulged.

Chantelle -
She forces me to look at the finer things in life. She is elegant, refined, artistic. Her talent in voice is unequaled in her teaching and leading techniques. I love watching her stand in front of our Treehouse kids and demonstrate what it means to worship the one true God. I have watched her grow spiritually over the years and she has guided me to worship more intentionally.

Holly -
She is a family kind of gal that is always on top of what her girls are doing. She is active in their lives without being overbearing. She is a fantastic cook who, over the years, I have gotten great recipes from and my own family has enjoyed the fruits of those concoctions. She is an avid reader and we have exchanged many books and talked of many stories. She is a count on kind of gal that I can go to with any struggle and she will volunteer all her knowledge to help me bail myself out.

Kim -
She is a sounding board in my life. She has walked with me for years and we have solved world problems, have made judicial decisions, have discovered discipline techniques, have learned to love our husbands well. It may be only in our minds that these issues have been tackled but I have been so blessed to even have had the opportunity to make those discoveries. She is sensible, loving, helpful and another joy in my life.

Monique -
She is an avid outdoors kind of gal and her family has joined right along with her. They are up for anything outside and active. If I need someone to get me moving I will call Mo and off we go. She also has talents of creativity and a sense of style that can not be matched. If I need advice on sprucing up the old Roderick house, she is right there giving me all kinds of encouragement and ideas. I can count on her to tell me what she thinks, no holds barred. She is a friend who I don't have to invite to the house . . . she has earned refrigerator rights at our house.


Phyllis -
She is the eternal party girl. I appreciate her exuberance, smile, joy and an outlook on the future that is contagious. One can not resist being happy when she is around. I can call her with challenges and expect to be laughing by the end of the conversation. She makes the bad in life seem trivial as long as you can focus on Him. She loves drama and thrives on any stage. She loves her family and they are often joining in on the party at her home.

Sandra -
She is a prayer warrior that has no competition. Any spiritual, theological and/or Biblical issues that I face she would be someone that would tackle them head on and set me straight. Her kids are fortunate to have such a knowledgeable mom who continues to learn without ceasing. Bible study is her high priority and I am thankful to have the opportunity to be able to use her as a spiritual advisor whenever I feel it necessary.

I love you, my best girlfriends this side of heaven!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you listed us in alphabetical order. Thats something that I would do. LOL
    Thanks for the kind words and you know us all to well. I enjoyed our MOPS reunion, I miss those days!

    ReplyDelete