Tuesday, October 13, 2009

AIRPORT

We still lived in Medford, Oregon and occasionally the girls and I would fly to Salt Lake City to visit my parents. Kelsey was five and Addison was two and there were no direct flights out of Medford.

We stopped in San Francisco for about two hours, so I took the girls and we took a walk, had a snack, used the restroom and were walking back to the gate. Addison squirmed away from me and ran straight into the mens restroom.

Now, I had to ponder this for a moment. I didn't think it would be good for me to run in after her, although truly that is what I wanted to do. But I thought if I was arrested for some sort of crime that wouldn't be good either and I still had Kelsey to worry about.

So I choose to wait by the door and call for her. She walked out hand in hand with a dapper young business man who was smiling as if he understood the whole scenerio. Addison looked like she had observed sights that dazed and dazzeled her and would continue to do so for a long time.

I thanked the man for bringing her out and he was very kind and gracious. I bent down and looked into Addison's eyes and explained to her she must never run away from me in an airport again. I explained that it scares mommy when she runs away.

Those big blue eyes stared back at me and I knew there would be more to come in her young life. So much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment