Monday, October 5, 2009

WESTMONT BOYS

It was unbelievable. I have always known that our girls are stunning, inside as well as out. What I didn't realize was how obviously captivating Shae can be in any situation. This was made crystal clear to me while on the Westmont campus.

As we strolled through the student institution with our tour guide, Asia, I lagged behind observing all the surrounding activity. The sophomore class had a slip-n-slide out in the open grass area and were enjoying a wet and muddy afternoon. Hoots and hollers abounded and we watched joyfully for a few moments. Asia said her hellos to several of the students as we continued on our walk up the trail. I heard yells of "come to Westmont" and "you're cute" as we sauntered toward another building. We met several students meandering on their way to various buildings. Three young men smiled at Shae, only Shae, in passing.

We looked in on the dining hall and checked out the vegetarian options, gathered information about more students and their campus habits and exited through the same door we entered. Shae's three friends were coming back up the path just behind our exit and casually followed us to the administration building.

Shae and I thanked Asia for the tour and headed out to visit the bookstore. Who do you think was sitting under the trees as we left the building? Shae's three admirers. Amazing.

Shae was excited to find another college sweatshirt and a pair of Tom's and was chattering away as we made our way to the car. She stopped to take several pictures. The three boys, still trailing her with their eyes unable to make the leap to conversation. I told Shae that I would ask them if I could take a picture of her with them, but she was horrified at the thought of that possibility. We said farewell to Westmont and the three males.

Next time I will not ask, I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment