Friday, October 23, 2009

GUN CLUB

I know. This title seems so very out of place for the Roderick's since we are overwelmingly female. However, I must say we are pretty dang good shots. Let me elaborate.

My dad belongs to the Cottonwood Gun Club in Salt Lake City and he and my nephew go up and target shoot quite frequently. When we are there visiting we also join them on the mountain as gun club guests. Dad brings his rifles, shot guns and pistols and we start shooting. Some day we may try clay pigeons but for now we use bull's eye targets.

I myself am pretty good with the 22 rifle. I don't care for the pistol, it has a little kick and it makes me lose concentration. Scott is good with them all. The last time we went we had Dad, RJ, Jeff, Addison, Shae, Scott and myself, so we took up a lot of target space at the club. Dad gave us all our gun safety training refresher course and we got started. The noise gets you at first, but then you acclimate and just start firing.

Addison and Jeff did their fair share of arguing while RJ was very intent on his target. Shae is very intense about her target practice. Dad was busy loading and I was trying to take pictures of everybody. Scott, as he sometimes does, just watches the chaos surrounding him. After we finish every round we put down our weaponery and go get our targets.

Shae cleans up on the targets. She is very good. Now we line up the cans and all go back to take a shot or two at those. Everyone is ready, we all say clear, and the shooting begins all over again.

Shae is the best shot in the Roderick family. Cans are flying, ammunition is pinging and RJ and Jeff can't believe a girl is out shooting them.

Ah, the life of a Roderick girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment