Monday, April 26, 2010

THE DRIVE

Cherylynn and I were the designated drivers this year for our little girl friends weekend in Palm Springs. WOW. That turned out to be an interesting road trip for me. So many drivers and only one steering mechanism.

I am well acquainted with driving in and out of traffic, loud voices inside the car, stuff on the road, freeways, side streets, dirt roads. All of it. Some of my friends are not, which brings me to the many opinions surrounding me in the Highlander for the 2 hour ride.

"Cindy, brake lights."
"She may have missed the turn, she's going 85 miles an hour."
"Cindy, make a U-turn."
"Can you turn down the A/C?"
"Cindy, I can't believe you like Aerosmith."
"What street are we looking for."
"BRAKE."
"I keep sliding around because she takes the turns so fast."
"Cindy, get in the carpool lane."
"Can we get around the traffic."

I'm going to chat with CH and see what went on in her automobile. Surely her passengers rode her like mine rode me. Right? I can't be that horrible of a driver. My kids have learned to sit back, plug in and no commentary until we get out of the car.

I don't think I'll drive next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment