Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WINDOWS

I went shopping at IKEA the other day, which is always a dangerous activity, and ran across some new curtains for the front window that had to be purchased. I finally got around this morning to putting them up. This turned out to be a comedy of grand proportions and in some cultures, beyond belief.

Addison is standing on the carpet handing me the curtains on the rod and I am standing on the ladder pushing the spring loaded rod into place. No, not just on the ladder, but on the top step of the ladder, the one that says "do not stand here" in bold letters.

The curtains snapped into place without a hitch and I was starting my downward dissent. I made it as far as the third step from the bottom and lost my balance. As I was plummeting towards earth, Adds grabbed my leg with one arm and held the ladder with the other. I swear that kid has super hero strength. She had me dangling by one leg in mid air inches above certain bone breakage.

As I gently floated to floor I remembered one important factoid. I was still in my very conservative night shirt and robe. However, I was commando. And for several moments was completely splayed out in front of the window. Those poor neighbors walking their dogs, peeping through closed curtains, driving by. There was certain viewage of me and all my glory.

Addison and I laughed so hard, we now have accomplished our 8 minute abs workout for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment