Friday, April 30, 2010

PATIO PICNIC

I love a good picnic. I really love it when I can pull a prank like no other on my own kids and their cousins. It is so great. My sister is always mortified. Love it!

We were all enjoying the fine Utah weather and decided to eat dinner out on Shelly's patio. She has a beautiful view of the mountains and we wanted to take advantage of the scenery. It was buffet style, so we filled our plates inside and then found a place at the table.

What was unknown was that Scott and I had rigged up a remote controlled sound system that mimicked one passing gas. I kid you not. They actually manufacture these things. Everyone sat down and waited for prayer time. My dad prayed and as the prayer ended Scott hit the remote. The sound was deafening. Everyone looked at me and I apologized profusely for my unexpected release. There were some giggles and some disgusted looks directed towards me.

I had to keep this together and not laugh. A few minutes passed and we played the scene again. Now kids were starting to loose their composure. They started punching each other and claiming how old I was and of course, busting their guts with loud guffaws.

Shelly was not amused. For heaven's sake, we were trying to enjoy a meal. So much the better. I have always loved torturing my sister.

Finally, we gave up our hoax and everyone had a good laugh and a story to share.

Now, we don't need a remote. It happens spontaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment