Tuesday, April 27, 2010

OLD

I realize I am now 52 and physical changes happen ever day to these ancient bones of mine. I did not, however, expect the unusual event one evening on our recent weekend. It was truly surprising behavior on my part.

We were all getting ready for bed, you know PJ's, bathroom, teeth brushing, snacks, drinks, bed making in the living room. The normal sleepover activity. Mo has an inflatable mattress that she is setting up next to me on the floor while I am making my bed on the most comfortable sofa ever, no kidding. Mo is sitting on her bed chatting with me about our day and I don't know what happened . . . I lost complete control . . . it is happening more and more often.

I bent over the couch, aimed my bottom at Mo and ripped one off . . . loudly. I was mortified and Mo was laughing so hard there was no sound. Holly was across the room and heard the rumble as well and she is shocked and awed and laughing. What could I do?

I apologized for my flatulence and started laughing right along with them. Others started pouring out of bedrooms to see what the ruckus was. It could not be contained.

The word is now out. Not only is Scott known in his circle of friends as being the "shooter of bunnies" but now I too, have made a name for myself.

Oh well, what can I say, we are Roderick's after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment