Friday, April 30, 2010

TRANSLATION

Scott and I are driving to pick up Hope at school and I tell him "you won't believe it, Hope asked if Drew could spend the night." Now this is shocking because we have a huge day tomorrow in Carlsbad at Grandpa and Nana's 65th wedding anniversary shindig. I can't believe she asked for a friend to sleep over and I am very dramatic about my displeasure.

Scott looks at me, seriously, looks at me and says "she is never allowed to have boys sleep over, ever!"

Wait. What? What are you talking about? You know Drew, Hope's gal pal from Edison. He is still not tracking with me and now is frustrated that I would even think it would be alright to entertain a young man for a sleepover.

Honey, SHE has slept over before. It just doesn't fit our schedule, your mom and dad's celebration and all that entails.

"Wow. I thought Drew was a boy". Uh huh, not on the same wave length.

No comments:

Post a Comment