Saturday, April 10, 2010

THE PANTY TREE

Hmm . . . a panty tree. Interesting.

We are on the Lake, enjoying a wonderful, albeit windy, day. The waves are throwing the boat around with the greatest enthusiasm this side of Christmas. I am staring off into the desert when I suddenly spy a tree with objects dangling from it that are completely out of place. Jake, one of the kids with us, says "Oh yeah, that's a panty tree." Disturbing statement considering trees normally do not grow panties and the person telling me about it is a teenage boy. We strategically cruise by the tree.

Next day we are again out on the lake, minus said teenage boy, and I am sharing with the girls that I would like to drive by the panty tree and sling shot a pair of my own into the tree. Of course, the children are mortified. Monique, however, is all about getting me to the tree. We arrive to the utter disappointment of the panty tree turning into a junk tree. No panties to be seen. So sad.

Thanks, Jake, for your candid information on the plant life at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment