Sunday, April 4, 2010

EARTHQUAKE

An earthquake on Easter. What a unique way to celebrate Jesus' resurrection. We went to our friends, the Coulson's, for an Easter lunch. It was great. Scott and I are usually beat after Easter weekend and the last thing we want to do is go home and fix lunch. Shae baked cupcakes the day before and off we went right after church.

We all had just sat down to a wonderful meal and I started feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach. It hit us all the same way. We looked up and saw the lights swinging and the grandfather clock clanging and knew it was a quake. Several people jumped up to check the kids. One guy who works for Edison was on the phone checking in with the company. Another guy is a firefighter for Long Beach and he was in front of the TV and on the also phone. The kids are in the back yard listening to the neighbors pool sloshing.

I didn't even miss a beat. I kept on eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment