Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DRUMS

Scott was sharing a story with me this morning on the way to his sailing class. We drove by Edison High School and the drum line was outside practicing. Scott, being a drummer as well, said when he was in high school they would just march up and down the street playing cadences. Kids would ride bikes with them, people would step out of their houses to see them and neighbors would applaud them as they marched with huge grins.

Until someone phoned the police. The officer stop the kids and asked if they had a parade permit. Of course they did not so the uniformed policeman told them to cease and desist.

Wow. It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone. I pray I never become that one person. I pray I am the one out in the street cheering the kids on. I pray that I am the one person always bringing the fun and encouragement.

It could happen. I am Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment