Wednesday, August 3, 2011

EAST COAST YUMMY

Nana and Grandpa sent something home with us the other day that our girls were totally unfamiliar with and Matt and Anthony grew up eating all the time. I am talking about the famous Taylor ham. That New Jersey treat that everyone loves.

Scott got the kids up the other morning and Anthony gave him the run down on how to cook and eat Taylor ham properly. English muffins, eggs and sliced up Tayham. It's a circlular ham and must be sliced thin and Anthony made sure that Scott did the all important slits in the meat just right so that it fries flat. My cast iron skillet was the tool of choice for the breakfast of champions.

I am embarrassed to admit, but I do not care for Taylor Ham. There. It feels so much better now that you all know, just like AA only it's THD . . . Taylor Ham Dislikers. The girls did enjoy the try, but we made it clear that it is hard to find Taylor Ham in HB. Just so you know.

There were a few leftovers and I put them in the fridge on the slight chance that someone might want a snack, but alas, it was futile. So this evening I pulled out those eggs and Taylor ham bites and gave D&D a try. Those 2 little dogs were in heaven.

Who knew that the Roderick dogs loved Taylor Ham. And I wonder if Mia is related to Taylor?

No comments:

Post a Comment