Thursday, August 11, 2011

SHAE'S FRIEND

I know many of you find this hard to believe but Shae is known to be the quiet, shy Roderick. Yep. True story.

We had just moved to HB and Shae was lamenting about leaving her friends in Oregon. We went to church one morning and she came home talking about a new friend she had made named Willie. All week long she kept talking about Willie. She really made a connection with this little girl and I thought I should speak with Willie's mom and see if we could set up a play date.

Into church Shae and I went and sure enough there was Willie with her mom. I introduced myself and told the mom how excited Shae was about meeting Willie and how we should set up a date for the girls to hang out. She looked at me and said very kindly "you mean Lillie." Hmm.

Did I mention Shae had trouble with "L's"?

The Roderick Wegacy continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment