Monday, August 29, 2011

LIFE'S CHALLENGES

Today has not been a good day for me. I am all out of sorts.

I'm tired of my discouraged attitude. I'm tired of being out of my weight zone. I'm tired of the challenges my job brings. I'm tired of my kids fussing and fighting. I'm tired of housework, which by the way has fallen way off this summer. I'm tired of maintenance around the Roderick living abode. We just did the remodel 5 years ago. How can this be happening? I'm tired of having carpets that always need cleaning. I'm tired of missing Kelsey. I'm tired of our backyard. I'm tired of doing laundry every stinkin' day. I'm tired of dogs that shed everywhere. I'm tired of the Hylander (I hate that car). I'm tired of this wretched economy. I'm tired of not being able to go to Salt Lake whenever I miss my extended family. I'm tired of dogs barking and the crows cawing. I'm tired of meal planning. I'm tired of taking my prescribed meds. I'm tired of Starbucks. I'm tired of being stuck in this never ending routine. I'm tired of the weather. I'm tired of waking up in the morning and feeling like I didn't sleep at all. I'm tired of all these new and unfamiliar aches and pains.

I'm simply tired of being 53.

Heavy sigh. Tomorrow will be a better day. Roderick's do not stay in a slump for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment