Saturday, August 27, 2011

I MAY HAVE MADE AN ERROR

I was out doing the laundry this morning just thinking, sometimes a dangerous activity for a Roderick. I had a light bulb burn bright right on the top of my head. Responsibilities will be changing at our house, at least for the children.

I went into the girls bathroom to pick up linens and a very distinct, unpleasant aroma assaulted my nasal passages. We have a weekly rotation schedule for the girls bathroom, Addison, Shae, Hope, repeat. Every week they argue about who's up and I just let them work it out on their own and haven't followed up on who completed the task. By the smell of that room, perhaps I made a serious error in judgement. Those girls have been slacking in the cleanliness and hygiene department.

Scott and I have coached them on the proper cleaning methods and somehow they seem to have forgotten the steps. Their rooms are their domains as well and let me tell you, I am afraid to spend much time in those areas of the house. You just don't know what may crawl out of their closets. They are all somewhat athletic, whether yoga, running, soccer and eliptical, they all sweat like an elderly man in a steam room. No kidding. It is time for action.

As of today, August 27, 20011 those girls will not be permitted to use our shower or bath. They will have to figure out how to clean and enjoy their own personal bathroom. No more running to our bathroom for towels either, girls. Bring your own up from the laundry area and do it before getting into the shower. I will no longer bring you a personal towel. This is the beginning of independence girls. You are going to love it!

One step for mom & dad, one giant leap for adult Roderick girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment