Saturday, September 24, 2011

THE CALL

Early this evening I was watching the Ducks game and my cell phone rings. I pick it up to the voice of Don Hurdle asking if he was scheduled in the Treehouse tonight. I can barely hear him and I assume we have a bad connection. He was not scheduled and I communicated that to him and he asks if I'm in the bathroom because I sound like I'm in a cave. No I am in the kitchen and I can't hear him. I am distracted by the football game and can't figure out what is wrong with my phone. We say our good-bys and hang up.

Then I discover I had answered my phone backwards. You know, mic to ear. Relieved to have figured it out, I am now plugging the thing in to charge when I recieve another Don call..

I answer again with a loud hello this time. He says "you meant an agape love right, not a love love right?" Wait. What. Apparently when I said my good by I said "love ya".

Roderick is all that can be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment