Friday, September 9, 2011

FAST

I just broke the fast with a poached egg and toast chased with a Coke. I had not eaten solid food since last night's dinner. I did enjoy a latte this morning and several ice teas today. Does that count?

My spiritual immaturity was placed before me today as I found it difficult to pray for the Muslim people. I attribute much of this to the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 which has been emblazoned everywhere I look. I realize my bias is illogical as I hold many responsible for the actions of few. It is my own responsiblity to change my mind set and press on to a more prayerful attitude. I plan to tackle this in the coming months. For the time being I am praying for the Mayfield's and the ministry that is so close to their hearts and for the people they serve in Indonesia. Thus, to my way of thinking, there is a relationship connection to those Muslims they serve(d) and the general population residing in Indonesia.

The rest of the Roderick family had an epic fail with the fast. Scott had to eat because of a severe headache. Addison was resistant to even trying. Shae, well I haven't talked to her yet so no update there. And Hope, well she's Hope. She said "Do I have to do this?" The choice was placed before her and she chose to chow down.

Roderick's.

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment