Friday, September 2, 2011

TECHNOLOGY

I am technologically challenged. There. I admit it. No excuses. I don't do well with a computer. I don't do well with an iPod. I don't do well with any communication device. I don't do well with TiVo and/or DVD players.

That having been said, I also try to not be rude and disrespectful of other people. Believe me I have seen people at their worst when on the phone, computer, iPod, etc. I turn my phone off when I am talking to someone or at the very least, I ignore it. And after today I will be much more aggressive about my behavior regarding distractions. Nothing is more important to me than the person standing in front of me. Nothing. Not an overdue email. Not my girls calling to chat. Not Scott texting me about dinner. My attention, all of it, is on the person that has eye to eye contact. It's not like my fingers are broken and I can't return any of the URGENT communication in a short period of time.

This is my new mantra and I challenge you to join me in the rebellion against rude behavior concerning technology.

Ooooo. That has a little "Star Wars" ring to it, pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment